Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Something Special Arrived Yesterday

The Ghost Starter Set arrived yesterday, and in much less time than I’d expected:


Thank you, Custom Chastity, for such great service. And thank you, Chaste Giles, for your glowing reviews of the truly custom device you purchased from them. I never would have known about this company without you.

Shamefully, I haven’t tried it on yet. Vanilla life has been getting in the way. I’m already close to being in love just with the look of it, though. And with the color. And with the eggshell- or orange peel-like texture of it.

The rigidness definitely surprised me at first. Knowing that the Ghost is made of surgical nylon rather than plastic or steel, well, the phrase surgical nylon conjures up an almost subconscious expectation of softness and give. Seeing their video of a car driving over one of these cages, only to have the cage pop right back into shape once the tire rolls on, played into that as well. Rigidness is good, though, given what the device is for.

The first “scare” with it has already happened, too. As suggested by the company, I ran it through the normal dishwasher cycle after opening the box. Little did I know that afterward, my wife would take it out of the machine to examine it more closely while I was still doing other things. So when I finally came to get it, the silverware cages where the pieces had been were standing wide open, and the pieces of the device itself were nowhere to be found.

First, I looked for the pieces somewhere in the machine. Then, I looked again, more frantically. Then, I nearly tore the dishwasher apart, all while trying to figure out how the pieces might have somehow gotten inside the dishwater machinery. Until I finally, frantically wondered if something had gone terribly, horribly wrong and the entire device had god forbid melted away into nothingness.

“It’s on the counter over there,” my wife finally told me. “I wanted to look at it.”

Yes, the Ghost isn’t even locked on me yet, and she’s already torturing me with it. I am so screwed...

No comments:

Post a Comment