Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Formative Kink Fail: “Bewitched”

A gorgeous witch who has supernatural powers yet still chooses to marry a dorky mortal with no charisma? I so should have been there with Bewitched...


...But Elizabeth Montgomery’s Samantha was just so unrelentingly wholesome. And her mother, Endora, scared the be-JESUS out of young me...


Getting back to Elizabeth Montgomery, I had already realized my attraction to strong, powerful, and even dangerous women. (Julie Newmar, as Catwoman, had indoctrinated me well.) So I was constantly hoping, as I watched those late-afternoon Bewitched repeats, for something more like this...


...or this...


...while what I generally got was this...


Samantha’s cousin, Serena, did give me some hope. Was she the magical, unpredictable vixen I truly wanted to see? Even an undercurrent would have rocked my pre-teen, edge-of-puberty world. But Serena was more free-spirit hippie than Femdom sorceress, as if Endora had somehow crossed Mary Tyler Moore with Rhoda Morgenstern...
 

...or conjured up Grace Slick without her White Rabbit...

 
So Bewitched was a frustrating experience (and not in the good way) for the young, emerging kinkster that was me. And probably for a lot of other kinksters of a certain age as well.

Don’t even get me started on that remake with Will Ferrell, either.

2 comments:

  1. Now Grace Slick....that was a whole other source of pervy fantasy.

    Mick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only ever got to see Grace Slick perform once. Unfortunately, by then they had already morphed from Jefferson Airplane/Starship into just Starship. She was still amazing, though.

      Delete